In this tab, you can backup or restore panel settings, export/import data, update software, change language, reboot the device, etc.
In this section, you can back up all web-interface settings (except network settings) by clicking the Backup whole settings button. If necessary, you can select the downloaded file and restore the settings (the feature works only if the firmware version of uploaded settings is the same as the current panel version). You can also reset the device to the default settings by clicking the corresponding button.
If necessary, you can export or import data from the Apartments, Forward, Identifiers, and Access Restrictions tabs. To export, you must click Download and a ZIP archive with tables will be saved on your computer.
Data import is used to copy the exported information to other panels. To do this, choose ZIP archive and click Confirm.
When importing data into the panel, all current data in the Apartments, Forward, Identifiers, and Access Restrictions tabs will be deleted and replaced with new (importing) information without the possibility of restoring.
Import of incorrect format data will cause the panel malfunctioning.
In this section, you can delete data about one or more categories: Apartments, Identifiers, Access restrictions, Forward queues, and Logs. To clear data, select category/ies and click Delete. As a result, the data will be irrevocably deleted.
6 device languages are available for setting:
In the section, you can choose the appropriate buttons layout on an entrance panel.
2 types are available:
- type 1: buttons are laid out from bottom to top from left to right one by one.
- type 2: buttons are laid out from top to bottom in the column (on the left will be numbers from 1 to 6, and on the right from 7 to 12).
|Type 1||Type 2|
By default, the BAS-IP server is used for updates. You have several ways to update panel firmware:
- automatically: check for software updates and if it is released, click Update Firmware. The update process will take some time and in the end, the panel will reboot. If there are no updates, information about the current firmware version will be provided;
- manually: download the necessary firmware from the webpage, click Choose file and upload the downloaded file. Click Update Firmware and wait for the process to complete (in the end the panel will reboot);
You also can use a custom server (is used in closed intercom networks) for firmware updates.
How to configure custom server use for firmware updates
- Log in to the device web interface. By default, the username is admin and the password is 123456.
- Go to System tab>Software upgrade section.
- Enable use of a custom server.
- Enter the link to the server (with version.json and firmware files) in the Custom server field.
- Submit settings.
To update firmware from a custom server, you also must check for updates and click Update Software.
Before each software update, make a panel settings backup copy, so that in case of an update error, you can always restore the previous settings.
The section contains a button for panel soft reset.